The Razor E100 is the best electric scooter for pre-teens and teens wanting to cruise around the neighborhood or head to the park. It’s fast enough to have fun, but not fast enough to be a nuisance on the street or sidewalk.
Boasting a chain-driven, high-torque motor, and a handy twist-grip throttle, the Razor E100 Electric Scooter is designed with a kid-friendly deck and frame, and travels up to 10 miles per hour.
The ultra sleek and quiet E100 is perfect for coasting fun with its wide deck that allows standing room for two feet side-side.
Other features of the Razor E100 Electric Scooter include:
- Chain-driven, high-torque 100-watt electric motor with twist-grip throttle;
- Adjustable handlebar mechanism and handlebar folding mechanism for easy storage and transport;
- Motor cruises at speeds of up to 10 mph;
- Two 12-V batteries included; sealed lead acid battery system;
- UL-approved battery charger and tools included; battery charge time 8 hours with up to 40 minutes of continuous use per charge;
- Hand-operated front brake with variable speed;
- 125mm polyurethane rear wheel and 8″ pneumatic front tire; and
- Recommended for ages 8 and older
Other interesting things to remember are that:
- Riding the E100 requires a manual push off to 3 mph before the trigger engages the motor to full throttle;
- You may need to reset the battery occasionally to ensure a full charge, as shown in the owner’s manual;
- It’s best that your child is under the maximum recommended weight of 120lbs, so as not to quickly wear out the rear wheels.
- If you are buying this as a surprise gift for your child, be aware that the scooter comes in its original packaging. We recommend that you find a way to receive the package discreetly to avoid ruining the surprise.
Overall, the E100 is a great way to transition from a push scooter to a faster ride and your pre-teens will enjoy moving around in style on this.
Features of the razor e100 electric scooter
• Streamlined electric scooter that includes a quiet motor and a throttle with twist-grip operation
• Must first start movement manually to a speed of 3 mph before you can start the motor with the trigger.
• The razor e100 electric scooter has brakes that are operated with the hands
• Scooter can reach speeds of 10 mph, lasts as long as 40 minutes on each charge
• For ages 8 and up, not to exceed the maximum weight of 120 pounds.
• 90 day warranty
Description of razor e100 electric scooter
You can be the envy of your block if you ride the motorized razor e100 electric scooter. The motor is driven by a chain and comes with a convenient throttle with twist-grip operation. This scooter is ideal for older children or teenagers to make quick trips around the neighborhood or town.
The razor e100 electric scooter differs from the other models because the motor does not start when the rider is standing still. The rider must first accelerate the scooter by hand to a speed of three mph before they can engage the motor by activating the trigger.
After the motor is engaged, the scooter can reach speeds as high as 10 mph, which is just the right speed. It is fast enough to allow you to have fun but not so fast that you are a danger to people around you. The battery is rechargeable and lasts up to forty minutes per charge, and charging takes approximately 8 hours.
The handlebars fold down which makes the scooter easy to transport. The front tire is pneumatic and 8 inches in size, while the rear wheel is made of polyurethane and is 4.9 inches. It also features a brake that is operated manually.
The razor e100 electric scooter can be used by children over the age of 8, and has a weight limit of a maximum of 120 pounds. The scooter includes two 12-volt batteries, a charger, and all tools required to put it together. Finally, the E100 has a 90 day warranty.
It is important to note that the buyer and user of this product should be aware of all the relevant laws in regards to using scooters, and act in accordance to them.
Important Features of the razor e100 electric scooter:
• Fun and Fast with a max speed of 10 mph
• A maximum use time of 40 minutes per charge
• Motor that is chain operated with a large torque
• Throttle with twist grip
• Back wheel made of 125 millimeter polyurethane
• Battery that can be recharged
• Front tire that is pneumatic with a size of 8″
• Suitable for ages 8 and up
• Maximum weight: 120 lbs
About the Razor company:
Razor USA, LLC was created in June 2000 in the city of Cerritos, California. The own the rights to the Razor® brand of products. They were responsible for the very popular Razor manual scooter, as well as several models of electric scooters including the razor e100 electric scooter, E200, and E300 models.
Razor also makes several other revolutionary ride toys including Dirt Rockets, Pocket Rockets, Pocket Mods, and Ground Force scooters as well as scooters for younger children. They also have action videos that follow a pro scooter group called Team Razor. Participants on Team Razor are children ages 9 to 20. They travel worldwide competing and doing scooter demonstrations.
Razor has won many awards including Toy of The Year awards from the Toy Industry Association and the following magazines: Time, Parents, Sports Illustrated for Kids, Parenting, Nick Jr., and US News and World Report.
Razor has come out with a new, improved model of electric scooters: the razor e100 electric scooter model cruises as fast as 10 miles per hour!